Benzocaine | C9H11NO2 | Definition, Uses, Products
- Benzocaine is a local anesthetic used as a local pain reliever or anesthetic.
- It is readily available in pharmacies and drug stores without a prescription.
- It has fewer side effects than other local anesthetics.
- Lidocaine is stronger and lasts longer than benzocaine.
Get One-Stop Solution from This Page
Product Definition (General Description)
Benzocaine, molecular formula C9H11NO2, is an organic compound used as a local anesthetic. It works by numbing the area it’s applied to, thereby relieving pain or discomfort.
It is commonly found in a variety of topical creams, ointments, sprays, and gels used to relieve itching and pain from minor skin irritations and to relieve pain from minor injuries such as scrapes, burns, and insect bites. discomfort.
Benzocaine powder is often used as a local anesthetic to relieve pain, itching, or discomfort caused by skin irritations, minor burns, insect bites, and other minor injuries. It is also used to numb the mouth or throat before certain medical procedures.
Can be used to treat teething pain in babies and can be sprayed on the gums to relieve discomfort.
It is also used to reduce pain and inflammation associated with hemorrhoids, and to relieve pain and itching associated with minor skin irritations.
Benzocaine powder is also used to relieve the discomfort of earaches and relieve the pain of minor cuts, bruises, and burns.
Benzocaine is readily available in pharmacies and drug stores without a prescription. It is usually used by adults and children over the age of two, but it is not recommended for younger children. It comes in both topical and oral forms and can be applied directly to the affected area or taken as a lozenge, tablet, or liquid.
The main advantage of benzocaine is that it is relatively cheap and works quickly.
Safety of Benzocaine
Benzocaine is generally considered safe when used according to the directions on the package. However, it should not be used on large areas of the body or for prolonged periods of time. Overuse or misuse of benzocaine can cause serious side effects, so it is important to follow the manufacturer’s directions.
Also, it is important not to use benzocaine for more than 7 days in a row without consulting your doctor. Overdose may cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and headache.
Benzocaine vs Lidocaine
Is Benzocaine the same as Lidocaine?
No, benzocaine and lidocaine are not the same.
- The main difference between benzocaine and lidocaine is their duration of action. Lidocaine is a stronger anesthetic and lasts longer than benzocaine.
- Benzocaine is used for minor procedures, such as numb the skin or mouth, while lidocaine is used for deeper surgeries and surgeries.
- Also, lidocaine has more potential side effects than benzocaine.
- Both benzocaine and lidocaine are local anesthetics used to numb the area of the body to which it is applied.
- They both work by blocking nerve signals to the affected area and can reduce or eliminate pain and discomfort.
- Both benzocaine and lidocaine are available in topical and injectable forms.
Benzocaine Powder Manufacturers & Suppliers
Shandong Zhishang New Materials Co., Ltd. is a great place to buy Benzocaine powder. We supply Benzocaine Powder with high quality and are occupying the market with competitive price. At the same time we have professional customer service and first-class production lines and equipment.
As an experienced Benzocaine Powder manufacturer and supplier. Zhishang New Materials manufactures and supplies high quality products for customers all over the world.
Offer you products at the best price. There are no middlemen to make the difference, saving you production costs while getting high-quality products.
Over the years, we have actually worked with over 6,000 clients worldwide. With high-quality products and excellent service, our company has won many praises.
If you need Benzocaine Powder or its related products, please contact us. Our service team is at your service 24 hours a day.
In summary, benzocaine is a widely used, inexpensive, and fast-acting anesthetic for the temporary relief of minor pain. It’s most often used for minor procedures, such as numb the skin or mouth, but it can also relieve sore throats.
Our Factory Equipment
Meinertz, J.R., Stehly, G.R., Gingerich, W.H. (1999). Metabolism, Elimination, and Pharmacokinetics of the Fish Anesthetic Benzocaine. In: Smith, D.J., Gingerich, W.H., Beconi-Barker, M.G. (eds) Xenobiotics in Fish. Springer, Boston, MA.