3-Nitrobenzoic acid CAS 121-92-6
Directory Guidance on 3-Nitrobenzoic acid
Name: 3-Nitrobenzoic acid
|Stock Availability||In stock|
|Brand Name||Zhishang chemical|
3-Nitrobenzoic acid (3NBA), also known as m-nitrobenzoic acid, is an organic compound with a chemical formula of C7H5NO4, which is the product of replacing the hydrogen on the meta-position of the benzene ring of benzoic acid with a nitro group. One of the isomers of formic acid.
It is found in many plants, mushrooms and hydrocarbons. It is one of the most important chemicals in nature and a very useful material in many applications.
It has the following properties:
- White is yellowish monoclinic leaf-like crystal. Soluble in acetone, chloroform, ethanol and ether, slightly soluble in benzene, water, carbon disulfide and petroleum ether, more soluble in hot water. It smells like almonds.
- It is a strong hydroxyl oxidant that reacts with compounds containing free hydroxyl groups such as free amino or sulfhydryl groups.
- It will react with nitrile containing compounds and esters such as N-nitrosoaniline, 4-nitrophenol and 4-nitrophenol.
- It also reacts with organic nitroso compounds such as 4-nitrophenol or 3-hydroxy-4-nitrophenol.
- In the presence of water, it reacts with various carboxylic acids and acid halides such as ethyl, propane, butane, hexane and heptane. It is an effective oxidant for oxidation reactions in organic synthesis.
- It is a strong oxidant that decomposes liquid nitric acid at temperatures above 250°C and solid nitric acid at temperatures below 200°C.
It is mainly used as an intermediate of photosensitive materials and drugs, and plays an important role in the pharmaceutical industry. For detailed usage, please read the function and usage of 3-nitrobenzoic acid below.
Nature and Specifications:
- Density: 1,494 g/cm3
- Boiling point: 340.7ºC at 760 mmHg
- Melting point: 139-141 °C (liters)
- Flash point: 190℃
- Refractive index: 1.6280 (estimate)
- Vapor Pressure: 3.26E-05mmHg at 25°C
- Acidity coefficient (pKa): 3.47(at 25℃)
3-Nitrobenzoic acid is used in many different industries and applications. It is an intermediate of photosensitive materials, functional pigments and drugs. It can also be used to make various organic compounds used to make plastics, paints and resins.
3-Nitrobenzoic acid is used as a raw material for the production of pharmaceutical intermediates. It is used as an intermediate in the manufacture of drugs and other chemicals.
It is mainly used for synthesizing angiogenesis-influencing drugs-cholesteric acid, etc., and is a widely used pharmaceutical and dye intermediate.
It is a key ingredient in the production of many pharmaceutical intermediates such as 3-nitrobenzene, 3-nitropropane and 3-nitrophenol.
It has been widely used to produce small molecules such as antibiotics and antifungals. It is also used to produce new antiepileptic drugs.
It has been used as an insecticide, herbicide, fungicide and disinfectant.
3-Nitrobenzoic acid is also used to produce green and red colors in paints, plastics, ceramics and glass.
It is a precursor of 3-aminobenzoic acid, used in the preparation of certain dyes.
It is also used as a precursor for other nitro groups, for example, it can be catalytically reduced with 1-nitro-1H-imidazole (as an intermediate) to form 1-nitrobenzocycloheptane.
It is a reagent for the coupling of allyl acetate with allyl, aliphatic and benzyl alcohols. It has also been used as a chemoattractant against Pseudomonas strains.
It is used as a metal ion precipitant for the determination of alkaloids and metal thorium, and is a standard for the determination of carbon, hydrogen and nitrogen in organic trace analysis.
3-Nitrobenzoic acid is a strong oxidant used in the synthesis of many important chemicals such as 3-nitrobenzene and nitroso compounds.
- “Dehydration Behavior of Rare Earth Complexes of m-Nitrobenzoate” – Springer, Link | April 1994.
- “Effect of alkaline earth metals on the molecular structure of 3-nitrobenzoic acid” – NIH, PubMed | 2011 Nov.
1. Certificate Of Analysis (COA)
2. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
3. Route of synthesis (ROS)
4. Method of Aanlysis (MOA)
5. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
6. Packing pictures and loading video before loading
7. Free Sample
8. Factory audit
As an experienced 3-Nitrobenzoic acid manufacturer and supplier, Zhishang New Materials Co., Ltd. is committed to producing and selling high-quality products.
Our factory has advanced product production lines, and stable production capacity, which can achieve the goal of quickly providing high-quality products.
Our company is equipped with first-class equipment for the product production line to ensure the product quality to the greatest extent, to ensure that the net weight of the product is accurate, the packaging is well sealed, and it can meet the needs of long-distance transportation for export.
The 3-Nitrobenzoic acid produced by our company has stable performance and a wide range of uses, which can meet the various needs of different customers.
The product price is competitive, and it has a good reputation and market share in countries all over the world.
If you need 3-Nitrobenzoic acid powder or related products, please contact our company directly. Professional production and perfect service will definitely make you satisfied.
1. For products ≤50kg, we recommend using express delivery, which is usually called DDU service (discounted, convenient).
2. For products ≤500kg, we generally recommend air freight, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (fast and efficient).
3. For products >500kg, we generally recommend shipping by sea, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (economical, safe).
4. For high-value products, please choose air or express to ensure the safety of product transportation.