DBU | 1,8-Diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undec-7-ene | CAS 6674-22-2
Directory Guidance on DBU
|Stock Availability||In stock|
|Brand Name||Zhishang chemical|
1,8-Diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undec-7-ene | DBU
1,8-Diazabicyclo [5.4.0] undec-7-ene, referred to as DBU, is a di-heterocyclic amidine, an alkaline chemical raw material. DBU can be separated from a sponge called Niphates digitalis and is for that reason additionally considered an alkaloid.
As a structurally unique natural solid base, DBU has been made use of in numerous artificial reactions. It shows the catalytic result that other strong bases are challenging to play, and also has the features of mild reaction problems, streamlined synthesis steps, certain product selectivity as well as high return.
It has no nucleophilicity, steady structure, large steric barrier, excellent catalytic impact, as well as no incompatibility with solvents. So it has actually been used in several reactions.
DBU chemicals sold in the marketplace are colorless or light yellow liquids at area temperature level. It is soluble in water, ethanol, acetone and also other natural solvents, usually kept listed below 30 ° C
Nature and Specifications:
- Density: 1.019 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point: 80-83 °C0.6 mm Hg(lit.)
- Melting point: -70 °C
- Flash Point: >230 °F
- Refractive index: n20/D 1.523
- Vapor Pressure: 5.3 mm Hg ( 37.7 °C)
- Water solubility: soluble
1,8-Diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undec-7-ene (DBU) has strong basicity and is commonly utilized in isomerization, esterification, condensation, elimination and various other responses. On top of that, the response problems are mild, the side reactions are few, the reaction selectivity is specific, and also the item conversion rate is high, which is commonly made use of in the field of chemical medicine. Its major usages are as adheres to:
DBU is extensively utilized in the manufacturing of cephalosporin semi-synthetic anti-biotics. It is additionally made use of as a resin curing accelerator, especially for the outer securing material of incorporated circuits as well as digital components.
Used as a tool temperature treating agent for epoxy materials. The healed item has great damp warm, electric insulation as well as mechanical buildings, and the thermal contortion temperature level is 155 ° C. It can also be made use of as a curing accelerator for various other healing representatives.
It is used in the manufacture of cephalosporin semi-synthetic antibiotics, and also in the preparation of deacidification agents, rust inhibitors, advanced corrosion inhibitors, etc.
DBU is a versatile alkaline reagent or catalyst:
- This product is utilized as a stimulant for the manufacturing of polyurethane and also other chemicals, such as ammonia and dichloroethane respond in its presence to create piperazine.
- It is a superb drying out agent, epoxy resin hardener, rust inhibitor, as well as can likewise be developed as an innovative rust prevention. Currently extensively utilized in the production of cephalosporin semi-synthetic antibiotics.
- Dehalogenation, dimerization as well as trimer dehalogenation. During the polymerization procedure, the sulfonic acid and also nitric acid are eliminated.
Other more crucial applications such as: esterification of carboxylic acids with alkyl halides, alkylation and acylation of energetic methylene compounds, etc.
Stability of DBU and its Analogues:
Concerning the security of DBU and its analogs, as a matter of fact, they are reasonably simple to undertake ring-opening hydrolysis in water. For the device of their hydrolysis, scientists have actually recommended 2 possible ways, yet there is insufficient information to confirm that their rationality is much better than the other one.
For course A, its hydrolysis initially produces the key amine, which can after that respond with the electrophile.
In course B, the amidine communicates reversibly with the electrophile to create a cationic intermediate, which after that responds with a solvent when the reaction is satiated with a small amount of water or water.
Course A is approximated when large quantities of water exist, as well as route B is estimated under purely anhydrous problems and/or when certain electrophiles exist.
This chemical has a wide variety of uses in the study of improving the existing synthesis procedure, creating brand-new organic synthesis techniques, and manufacturing new items.
In organic synthesis, DBU, as a special base, has a variety of practicability as well as applicability. If TEA, DIPEA as well as other natural bases do not respond in a response or the reaction is not good, we will attempt an additional base. DBU is a choice currently.
- “Comparison of the interaction of DBU, NH3, DMA, ETA and morpholine with ferrous chloride solutions and carbon steel surfaces” – Springer, Link | pp 1859–1878.
- “1,8-Diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undec-7-ene Catalyzed Glycolytic Recovery of Polybisphenol A Carbonate” – NIH, PubMed | 2018 Jul 31.
1. Certificate Of Analysis (COA)
2. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
3. Route of synthesis (ROS)
4. Method of Aanlysis (MOA)
5. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
6. Packing pictures and loading video before loading
7. Free Sample
8. Factory audit
As an experienced 1,8-Diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undec-7-ene DBU manufacturer and supplier, Zhishang New Materials Co., Ltd. is committed to producing and selling high-quality products.
Our factory has advanced product production lines, and stable production capacity, which can achieve the goal of quickly providing high-quality products.
Our company is equipped with first-class equipment for the product production line to ensure the product quality to the greatest extent, to ensure that the net weight of the product is accurate, the packaging is well sealed, and it can meet the needs of long-distance transportation for export.
The DBU produced by Zhishang Chemical has stable performance and a wide range of uses, which can meet the various needs of different customers.
The product price is competitive, and it has a good reputation and market share in countries all over the world.
If you need DBU or related products, please contact our company directly. Professional production and perfect service will definitely make you satisfied.
1. For products ≤50kg, we recommend using express delivery, which is usually called DDU service (discounted, convenient).
2. For products ≤500kg, we generally recommend air freight, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (fast and efficient).
3. For products >500kg, we generally recommend shipping by sea, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (economical, safe).
4. For high-value products, please choose air or express to ensure the safety of product transportation.