Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose CAS 9004-65-3
Directory Guidance on Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
Name: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
|Stock Availability||In stock|
|Brand Name||Zhishang chemical|
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), also referred to as hypromellose, is a white to beige cellulose powder that is a semi-synthetic, inactive, viscoelastic polymer.
The solubility of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose in natural solvents is better than that of water solubility. It can be liquified in anhydrous methanol as well as ethanol, as well as in natural solvents such as chlorinated hydrocarbons and ketones.
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose is a type of non-ionic cellulose mixed ether, which has the qualities of being soluble in cold water and also insoluble in hot water similar to methyl cellulose.
In the application of artificial resins, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose can make the gotten items have the qualities of regular particle size, looseness, suitable specific gravity, and also superb processing performance, which essentially replaces jelly and also polyvinyl alcohol as dispersants.
It can be utilized alone in cold beverages, as well as hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can likewise be made use of in combination with other emulsifiers and stabilizers. The optimum amount in chilly beverages is 1%.
Nature and Specifications:
- Density: 1.39
- Melting point: 225-230°C
- Storage conditions: roomtemp
- Solubility: H2O: 50mg/mL, cleartoveryfaintlyturbid,faintlyyellow
- Form: powder
- Scent: Odorless
- Water solubility: SOLUBLE
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose is mostly utilized as a dispersant in the manufacturing of polyvinyl chloride, in addition to various other petrochemicals, coverings, constructing products, repaint eliminators, paper, cosmetics and various other products.
In production, it is used as thickener, stabilizer, emulsifier, film-forming agent, etc.
The primary uses Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose are as adheres to:
- Building and construction sector: hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose is utilized as a water-retaining agent as well as retarder for cement mortar to make the mortar pumpable.
Utilized as a binder in smudging paste, gypsum, putty powder or other structure products to boost spreadability and also prolong procedure time.
- Ceramic manufacturing: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is extensively utilized as a binder in the manufacture of ceramic items.
- Layer industry: As a thickener, dispersant and also stabilizer in the finishing market, it has outstanding compatibility in water or natural solvents. as a paint eliminator.
- Ink printing: as a thickener, dispersant as well as stabilizer in the ink sector, it has excellent compatibility in water or natural solvents.
- Plastic: hydroxy methyl cellulose can be utilized as mold launch agent, conditioner, lube, etc
- Polyvinyl chloride: It is made use of as a dispersant in the production of polyvinyl chloride, and also it is the primary auxiliary representative for the prep work of PVC by suspension polymerization.
- Drug sector: layer products, movie products, rate-controlling polymer materials for sustained-release prep work, stabilizers, putting on hold agents, tablet binders, tackifiers, etc
- Others: hydroxy methyl cellulose is additionally commonly utilized in natural leather, paper items, fruit and vegetable conservation and textile markets.
Application of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose in Certain Industries
In The Building Market
- Concrete mortar: boost the dispersibility of cement-sand, substantially improve the plasticity as well as water retention of mortar, as well as successfully prevent cracks as well as boost the strength of concrete.
- Ceramic tile concrete: Enhance the plasticity as well as water retention of journalism floor tile mortar, improve the bonding pressure of the tiles, and also avoid pulverization.
- Finish of refractory materials such as asbestos: as a putting on hold representative, a fluidity improver, and also to boost the bonding pressure to the substrate.
- Plaster coagulation slurry: boost water retention and processability, and also improve bond to the substrate.
- Joint cement: including hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose to the joint concrete for gypsum board can enhance fluidity and also water retention.
- Latex putty: Boost the fluidity as well as water retention of putty based on material latex.
- Stucco: As a paste instead of all-natural products, it can boost water retention and enhance the bonding pressure with the substratum.
- Coatings: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can be utilized as a plasticizer for latex finishings, which can enhance the performance and also fluidity of finishes and also putty powders.
- Spray layer: It has a great effect on protecting against cement-based or latex-based splashing only worldly filler from improving and sinking fluidness and also spray pattern.
- Secondary items of cement and plaster: It is utilized as extrusion molding binder for hydraulic materials such as cement-asbestos to enhance fluidness and also acquire uniform molded items.
- Fiber wall surface: It is effective as a binder for sand walls because of its anti-enzyme and anti-bacterial results.
- Others: It can be utilized as a bubble retainer for thin mortar as well as plasterer operators.
In The Chemical Sector
- Polymerization of plastic chloride as well as vinylidene: As a suspension stabilizer as well as dispersant throughout polymerization, it can be used together with plastic alcohol (PVA) hydroxypropyl cellulose (HPC) to regulate particle form and also fragment distribution.
- Adhesive: As the adhesive of wallpaper, it can generally be utilized together with vinyl acetate latex paint as opposed to starch.
- Chemicals: when contributed to chemicals and herbicides, it can improve the attachment effect during spraying.
- Latex: enhance the emulsion stabilizer of asphalt latex, as well as the thickener of styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) latex.
- Binder: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can be used as a creating adhesive for pencils as well as pastels.
In The Cosmetic Industry
- Hair shampoo: Boost the viscosity of detergent, hair shampoo and cleaning agent as well as the security of air bubbles.
- Toothpaste: hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose can boost the fluidity of tooth paste.
In The Food Market
- Tinned citrus: to stop bleaching as well as deterioration as a result of the decomposition of citrus glycosides during storage to achieve the result of conservation.
- Cold food fruit products: contribute to sherbet, ice, and so on to make the preference better.
- Sauce: as an emulsifying stabilizer or thickening agent for sauces and catsup.
- Coating and glazing with cold water: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is made use of for frozen fish storage, which can avoid discoloration and deterioration of quality. After coating and also glazing with methyl cellulose or hydroxypropyl methylcellulose liquid option, it is then iced up on ice.
- Adhesives for tablets: As a molding adhesive for granules and tablets, it has good bond and also collapse (swiftly thaws, falls down and also spreads when taking it).
In The Pharmaceutical Industry
- Finish: The coating agent is prepared into a service of an organic solvent or a liquid option for medicine administration, specifically the ready granules are spray-coated.
- Retarder: 2-3 grams per day, 1-2 grams each time, the effect will be shown in 4-5 days.
- Eye drops: Considering that the osmotic pressure of the aqueous solution of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is the same as that of tears, it is much less annoying to the eyes. It is added to the eye goes down as a lubricant for calling the eye lens.
- Jelly: as the base product of jelly-like external medication or lotion.
- Impregnation medicine: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can be used as thickener as well as water-retaining representative.
In The Kiln Sector
- Electronic products: As a binder for ceramic electric seals and ferrite bauxite magnets, it can be utilized together with 1.2-propylene glycol.
- Glaze: Made use of as a polish for ceramics and also in combination with enamel, it can boost the bondability and also processability.
- Refractory mortar: contributed to refractory block mortar or putting heating system products to boost plasticity and also water retention.
- Fiber: utilized as printing color paste for pigments, boron-based dyes, basic dyes and fabric dyes. In addition, in the corrugation processing of kapok, it can be made use of together with thermosetting material.
- Paper: made use of for the surface area glue as well as oil-resistant handling of carbon paper.
- Natural leather: utilized as last lubrication or single adhesive.
- Water-based ink: contributed to water-based ink and also ink as a thickener and film-forming agent.
- Cigarette: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can be utilized as a binder for regenerated cigarette.
- “Methodology Study: Recovery of Lipophilic Drugs from Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Matrix Tablets” – PMC AAPS PharmSciTech. | 2001 Jun.
- “Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose” – Prepared by OMRI. | Excerpted on March 14, 2022.
Our factory has advanced product production lines, and stable production capacity, which can achieve the goal of quickly providing high-quality products.
Our company is equipped with first-class equipment for the product production line to ensure the product quality to the greatest extent, to ensure that the net weight of the product is accurate, the packaging is well sealed, and it can meet the needs of long-distance transportation for export.
The hydroxypropyl methylcellulose produced by our company has stable performance and a wide range of uses, which can meet the various needs of different customers.
The product price is competitive, and it has a good reputation and market share in countries all over the world.
If you need hydroxypropyl methylcellulose or related products, please contact our company directly. Professional production and perfect service will definitely make you satisfied.
1. For products ≤50kg, we recommend using express delivery, which is usually called DDU service (discounted, convenient).
2. For products ≤500kg, we generally recommend air freight, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (fast and efficient).
3. For products >500kg, we generally recommend shipping by sea, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (economical, safe).
4. For high-value products, please choose air or express to ensure the safety of product transportation.