Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose CAS 9004-65-3
Directory Guidance on Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
Name: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
|Stock Availability||In stock|
|Brand Name||Zhishang Chemical|
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), also referred to as hypromellose, is a white to beige cellulose powder that is a semi-synthetic, inactive, viscoelastic polymer.
The solubility of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose in natural solvents is better than that of water solubility. It can be liquified in anhydrous methanol as well as ethanol, as well as in natural solvents such as chlorinated hydrocarbons and ketones.
In the application of artificial resins, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose can make the gotten items have the qualities of regular particle size, looseness, suitable specific gravity, and also superb processing performance, which essentially replaces jelly and also polyvinyl alcohol as dispersants.
It can be utilized alone in cold beverages, as well as hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can likewise be made use of in combination with other emulsifiers and stabilizers. The optimum amount in chilly beverages is 1%.
Nature and Specifications:
- Density: 1.39
- Melting point: 225-230°C
- Storage conditions: roomtemp
- Solubility: H2O: 50mg/mL, cleartoveryfaintlyturbid,faintlyyellow
- Form: powder
- Scent: Odorless
- Water solubility: SOLUBLE
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is widely used in construction materials, coatings, synthetic resins, ceramics, medicine, food, textiles, agriculture, cosmetics, tobacco and other industries. HPMC can be divided into construction grade, food grade and pharmaceutical grade according to the purpose.
In production, it is used as thickener, stabilizer, emulsifier, film-forming agent, etc.
The primary uses Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose are as adheres to:
- Building and construction sector: hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose is utilized as a water-retaining agent as well as retarder for cement mortar to make the mortar pumpable. Utilized as a binder in smudging paste, gypsum, putty powder or other structure products to boost spreadability and also prolong procedure time.
- Ceramic manufacturing: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is extensively utilized as a binder in the manufacture of ceramic items.
- Layer industry: As a thickener, dispersant and also stabilizer in the finishing market, it has outstanding compatibility in water or natural solvents. as a paint eliminator.
- Ink printing: as a thickener, dispersant as well as stabilizer in the ink sector, it has excellent compatibility in water or natural solvents.
- Plastic: hydroxy methyl cellulose can be utilized as mold launch agent, conditioner, lube, etc
- Polyvinyl chloride: It is made use of as a dispersant in the production of polyvinyl chloride, and also it is the primary auxiliary representative for the prep work of PVC by suspension polymerization.
- Drug sector: layer products, movie products, rate-controlling polymer materials for sustained-release prep work, stabilizers, putting on hold agents, tablet binders, tackifiers, etc
Others: hydroxy methyl cellulose is additionally commonly utilized in natural leather, paper items, fruit and vegetable conservation and textile markets.
Properties of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
In general, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is white to off-white fibrous powder or granules.
Solubility: Soluble in water and some organic solvents, such as ethanol/water, propanol/water, dichloroethane, etc. in appropriate proportions. The aqueous solution has surface activity, high transparency and stable performance.
Products with different specifications have different gelation temperatures, which is the thermal gelation property of HPMC. Solubility varies with viscosity, the lower the viscosity, the greater the solubility, different specifications of HPMC have certain differences in their performance, and the dissolution of HPMC in water is not affected by the pH value.
- “Methodology Study: Recovery of Lipophilic Drugs from Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Matrix Tablets” – PMC AAPS PharmSciTech. | 2001 Jun.
- “Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose” – Prepared by OMRI. | Excerpted on March 14, 2022.
As an experienced hydroxypropyl methylcellulose manufacturer and supplier, Zhishang New Materials Co., Ltd. is committed to producing and selling high quality products.
Our factory has advanced product production lines, and stable production capacity, which can achieve the goal of quickly providing high-quality products.
Our company is equipped with first-class equipment for the product production line to ensure the product quality to the greatest extent, to ensure that the net weight of the product is accurate, the packaging is well sealed, and it can meet the needs of long-distance transportation for export.
The hydroxypropyl methylcellulose produced by our company has stable performance and a wide range of uses, which can meet the various needs of different customers.
The product price is competitive, and it has a good reputation and market share in countries all over the world.
If you need hydroxypropyl methylcellulose or related products, please contact our company directly. Professional production and perfect service will definitely make you satisfied.
1. For products ≤50kg, we recommend using express delivery, which is usually called DDU service (discounted, convenient).
2. For products ≤500kg, we generally recommend air freight, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (fast and efficient).
3. For products >500kg, we generally recommend shipping by sea, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (economical, safe).
4. For high-value products, please choose air or express to ensure the safety of product transportation.