Tert-butyldimethylsilyl Chloride CAS 18162-48-6
Directory Guidance on Tert-butyldimethylsilyl Chloride
Name: Tert-butyldimethylsilyl Chloride
|Stock Availability||In stock|
|Brand Name||Zhishang chemical|
Tert-butyldimethylsilyl chloride (abbreviated as TBDMSCl, TBSCl) is an important sterically hindered organosilicon protective agent. In general, it is a white solid. The property of its molecule is the way it changes its shape when exposed to a specific chemical environment. This property can be made use of for many different functions and can be made use of in various applications.
Energetic hydrogens in natural substances can be changed by silyl teams under light response problems, resulting in intermediates with high chemical stability, and the sensitivity of other teams is not affected.
The effect of Tert-Butyldimethylsilyl chloride reacting with alcohol hydroxyl group to form silyl ether is particularly important. Compared with the common trimethyl chlorosilane protective agent, TBDMSCl silyl ether has higher stability.
Due to the steric hindrance of Tert-Butyldimethylsilyl chloride, it has excellent selectivity on polyhydroxyl substrates, and can easily selectively protect primary alcohols in the presence of secondary or tertiary alcohols.
Nature and Specifications:
- Density: 0.87 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point: 125 °C (lit.)
- Melting point: 86-89 °C
- Flash point: 73 °F
- Refractive index: n20/D 1.46
- Specific gravity: 1.225
Tert-Butyldimethylsilyl chloride is widely used in the synthesis of drugs and natural products, such as the synthesis of prostaglandins, steroids, some antibiotics, hypolipidemic drugs loferstin and neoferstin auxiliary raw materials.
Tert-Butyldimethylsilyl chloride is a compound that has actually been used in the pharmaceutical sector for over 70 years. It is used to prepare other chemicals such as tert-butyl hydroquinone, tert-butylmethoxydibenzoylmethane, etc.
Silanizing agent. In organic synthesis, as hydroxyl protective agent, derivatization reagent is used for analysis and preparation. Tertiary alcohols can be protected. Reacts with alcohols to form silyl ethers. Determination of the conformation of cholesterol derivatives.
In addition, tert-butyldimethylsilyl chloride (TBDS) is a chemical used in the production of plastics, rubber and paints. It is also utilized in the printing market to make dyes as well as inks. In addition, it is used as a solvent for drying and cleaning chemicals, pharmaceuticals and food.
- “Facile synthesis of all(6-O-tert-butyldimethylsilyl)-α-, β- and γ-cyclodextrins as protected intermediates” – NatureProtocols | 15 January 2021.
- “Application of tert-butyldimethylsilyl chloride/imidazole reagent in the identification of phospholipid molecular species by gas-liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry” – NIH, PubMed | 1979 Sep.
1. Certificate Of Analysis (COA)
2. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
3. Route of synthesis (ROS)
4. Method of Aanlysis (MOA)
5. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
6. Packing pictures and loading video before loading
7. Free Sample
8. Factory audit
Our factory has advanced product production lines, and stable production capacity, which can achieve the goal of quickly providing high-quality products.
Our company is equipped with first-class equipment for the product production line to ensure the product quality to the greatest extent, to ensure that the net weight of the product is accurate, the packaging is well sealed, and it can meet the needs of long-distance transportation for export.
The Tert-butyldimethylsilyl Chloride produced by our company has stable performance and a wide range of uses, which can meet the various needs of different customers.
The product price is competitive, and it has a good reputation and market share in countries all over the world.
If you need Tert-butyldimethylsilyl Chloride (TBDMCl) or related products, please contact our company directly. Professional production and perfect service will definitely make you satisfied.
1. For products ≤50kg, we recommend using express delivery, which is usually called DDU service (discounted, convenient).
2. For products ≤500kg, we generally recommend air freight, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (fast and efficient).
3. For products >500kg, we generally recommend shipping by sea, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (economical, safe).
4. For high-value products, please choose air or express to ensure the safety of product transportation.