Guanidine Thiocyanate CAS 593-84-0
Directory Guidance on Guanidine thiocyanate
Name: Guanidine thiocyanate
|Stock Availability||In stock|
|Brand Name||Zhishang chemical|
Guanidine thiocyanate is a white crystal, at 20℃, the pH value of 6mol/L in water is 4.5～6, the solubility is completely dissolved, and its melting point is 116～121℃. Guanidine thiocyanate is soluble in water and other polar solvents, and can also be dissolved in organic solvents such as alcohol or ether. It can be used as a catalyst for organic synthesis and polymerization.
Guanidine thiocyanate is an uncoupling agent and a kind of strong protein denaturing agent, which can dissolve protein, make protein secondary structure disappear, cell structure degrade, and nucleoprotein is rapidly separated from nucleic acid. As an uncoupling representative it can minimize the adenosine triphosphate (ATP) concentration in the cells.
Guanidine thiocyanate has been widely studied in many areas such as chemistry and biology due to its unique properties. Currently mainly used in biomedicine, chemical reagents, etc.
Nature and Specifications:
- Density: 1.103 g/mL at 20 °C
- Boiling point: 132.9ºC at 760 mmHg
- Melting point: 120-122 °C (lit.)
- Flash point: 34.2ºC
- PH value: 4.8-6.0 (1420g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Refractive index: n20/D 1.482
Guanidine thiocyanate is a chemical compound that has many uses. It can be utilized as a biochemical reagent, pharmaceutical intermediate, and also an industrial chemical. It can likewise be made use of as a forerunner to various other chemicals.
Guanidine thiocyanate is a strong lipid degrading agent in daily chemical industry, and it is used for degreasing in oil industry. Guanidine thiocyanate is also a cell membrane rupture agent in biopharmaceuticals.
Guanidine thiocyanate (GITC), a compound utilized as a general protein denaturant, is a chaotropic representative, although it is most generally used for DNA as well as RNA extraction.
Guanidine thiocyanate is a chemical compound that has many industrial uses. It is also used as an agent in the manufacturing of explosives, and it is a key ingredient in the production of TNT.
Guanidine thiocyanate can be used as a reagent to detect the presence of protein and DNA in solution. It likewise has possible applications in medicine and also biology.
It has been used for industrial purposes but has also been found in weed killers, pesticides and other chemicals. The compound has been found in many types of food, including some vegetables and some types of seafood.
What are the Side Effects of Guanidine Thiocyanate?
Though it has been widely utilized, it also has side effects. It has actually been discovered to be poisonous in large dosages and can trigger several adverse effects when ingested.
Here are some of the side effects that you can expect from guanidine thiocyanate:
– In high doses, guanidine thiocyanate can cause respiratory failure, coma and death.
– In small doses, guanidine thiocyanate can cause dizziness, vomiting and diarrhea.
In a study of guanidine thiocyanate, it was discovered that the substance is produced in the body by the conversion of creatine to creatinine. Guanidine thiocyanate is a co-factor for many ATP-dependent enzymes, such as creatine kinase, ATP synthase and ornithine carbamoyltransferase.
- “Research: RNA extraction from plant tissue by homemade acid guanidine thiocyanate chloroform (AGPC)” – Current Protocols | 25 January 2022.
- “Developing an Automated Protocol: Phenol Extraction and Purification of Plasmids from Guanidine Thiocyanate Solutions” – NIH, PubMed | 1991 May 1.
1. Certificate Of Analysis (COA)
2. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
3. Route of synthesis (ROS)
4. Method of Aanlysis (MOA)
5. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
6. Packing pictures and loading video before loading
7. Free Sample
8. Factory audit
Our factory has advanced product production lines, and stable production capacity, which can achieve the goal of quickly providing high-quality products.
Our company is equipped with first-class equipment for the product production line to ensure the product quality to the greatest extent, to ensure that the net weight of the product is accurate, the packaging is well sealed, and it can meet the needs of long-distance transportation for export.
The Guanidine thiocyanate produced by our company has stable performance and a wide range of uses, which can meet the various needs of different customers.
The product price is competitive, and it has a good reputation and market share in countries all over the world.
If you need Guanidine thiocyanate or related products, please contact our company directly. Professional production and perfect service will definitely make you satisfied.
1. For products ≤50kg, we recommend using express delivery, which is usually called DDU service (discounted, convenient).
2. For products ≤500kg, we generally recommend air freight, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (fast and efficient).
3. For products >500kg, we generally recommend shipping by sea, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (economical, safe).
4. For high-value products, please choose air or express to ensure the safety of product transportation.