p-Toluenesulfonic acid CAS 104-15-4
Directory Guidance on p-Toluenesulfonic acid
Name: p-Toluenesulfonic acid
|Stock Availability||In stock|
|Brand Name||Zhishang chemical|
P-toluenesulfonic acid (molecular structure: p-CH3C6H4SO3H, also written as TsOH) referred to as PTS, is a non-oxidizing organic strong acid, the acidity is one million times that of benzoic acid.
In general, p-toluenesulfonic acid is a white needle or powder crystal, soluble in water, alcohol, ether and other polar solvents. It is very easy to deliquescence, and it is easy to dehydrate and carbonize wood and cotton fabrics. It is insoluble in benzene and toluene. P-cresol is formed when alkali is melted.
Common in the market is p-toluenesulfonic acid monohydrate (TsOH·H2O) or tetrahydrate (TsOH·4H2O).
Rock Chemical is committed to producing high quality p-toluenesulfonic acid powder. Professional production equipment and first-class management system ensure that the purity of its products meets the standards.
For customers, choosing a chemical manufacturer like Zhishang Chemical to buy raw materials will save even more money! Due to the fact that there is no intermediary to obtain the difference.
Nature and Specifications:
- Density: 1.07
- Boiling point: 116 °C
- Melting point: 106~107℃
- Flash point: 41 °C
- Refractive index: 1.3825-1.3845
- Water solubility: soluble
- Acidity coefficient (pKa): -0.43±0.50 (Predicted)
P-toluenesulfonic acid is widely made use of in the synthesis of medications, pesticides, stabilizers for polymerization, catalysts for organic synthesis (esters, etc), intermediates for layers and resin healing agents.
It is an acid catalyst commonly used in organic synthesis. It can be neutralized with sodium hydroxide to obtain sodium p-toluenesulfonate, and then reacted with phosphorus pentachloride to obtain p-toluenesulfonyl chloride. The latter are used in nucleophilic substitution reactions and also serve as protecting groups for alcoholic hydroxyl groups.
P-toluenesulfonic acid is used as medicine (such as doxycycline), pesticide (such as dicofol), stabilizer for polymerization and catalyst for organic synthesis (esters, etc.).
It can also be used as a chemical reagent, as an intermediate for dyes, etc., and in organic synthesis. Also used in detergents, plastics, coatings, etc.
The use of p-toluenesulfonic acid is also used to catalyze dihydrofuran protecting groups on alcohols, esterification of carboxylic acids, transesterification reactions, and the formation of acetals from aldehydes.
At present, as an important fine chemical product, p-toluenesulfonic acid has been widely used, and the market demand is increasing.
Contact us, we offer you greater profits. Cooperation through high quality p-toluenesulfonic acid and competitive price.
- “In situ synthesis of MCM-41 with ceramic membranes and its application as a catalyst support for p-toluenesulfonic acid in transesterification” – Springer, Link | 14 May 2014.
- “Effects of Anion Doping in Polypyrrole on Nerve Growth” – NIH, PubMed | 2011 May.
1. Certificate Of Analysis (COA)
2. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
3. Route of synthesis (ROS)
4. Method of Aanlysis (MOA)
5. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
6. Packing pictures and loading video before loading
7. Free Sample
8. Factory audit
Our factory has advanced product production lines, and stable production capacity, which can achieve the goal of quickly providing high-quality products.
Our company is equipped with first-class equipment for the product production line to ensure the product quality to the greatest extent, to ensure that the net weight of the product is accurate, the packaging is well sealed, and it can meet the needs of long-distance transportation for export.
The p Toluenesulfonic acid produced by our company has stable performance and a wide range of uses, which can meet the various needs of different customers.
The product price is competitive, and it has a good reputation and market share in countries all over the world.
If you need p-Toluenesulfonic acid or related products, please contact our company directly. Professional production and perfect service will definitely make you satisfied.
1. For products ≤50kg, we recommend using express delivery, which is usually called DDU service (discounted, convenient).
2. For products ≤500kg, we generally recommend air freight, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (fast and efficient).
3. For products >500kg, we generally recommend shipping by sea, which is usually called FOB, CFR or CIF service (economical, safe).
4. For high-value products, please choose air or express to ensure the safety of product transportation.